Monday, October 3, 2011

Entry 2- 9.30.11

Dear Journal,

I know all too well how it feels to lose our best friend. I recently lost a really good friend of mine after a really nasty argument. What's worse is that since I changed schools, there's no way for me to fix things. No matter how  a friendship breaks, it's difficult, but dealing with it the right way is the best way for you to either be able to reconcile with your friend, or move on and make some new friendships. One thing that I hate is when your friend starts talking badly about you and trying to put you down, and then you start doing the same to them. My thing is this; if you guys were such good friends just a few weeks ago, why is the way they dress bothering you now when you used to complement them when you guys were friends? It just doesn't make sense and it just makes you feel worse. If you want to make things better, just apologize to them, even though you might have been in the right. Just to let them know that you want to move on in the right direction, and even if they don't accept it, at least you know that you did all that you could do; and sometimes, moving on is the best choice for you. I've had a friend that I was really close too, but then I realized that she was putting others down, including some of my other friends. Since it was making me uncomfortable, I told her about it and she became very confrontational. That's when I decided that she was not a good friend for me because I would not choose to be around somebody who didn't care about other peoples' feelings. Walking away isn't always easy, but by choosing yourself over someone who's making bad decisions, you benefit in more ways than one. I wish all of my readers the best!

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments: