Friday, October 14, 2011

11.9.11- Rihanna "Say It"

Hey readers! Welcome back to Music Daily. "Say It" by Rihanna is my song of the day; I couldn't decide on a song today, so I plugged in my mp3 player, pressed shuffle, and told myself that the next song that played would be the song of the day. Therefore, "Say It," one of my all time favorite Rihanna songs, was chosen. It's pretty much her telling this guy, who obviously likes her, to "spill the beans." It's got a catchy, old-school R&B feel along with an interesting story line. Sure, the concept seems shallow, but think about it; what other song that you can think of off the top of your head can remind you of this idea (excluding "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne; I hate that song)? It's surprising (to me) that although this was on Rihanna's "Good Girl Gone Bad" album that it wasn't up there with "Umbrella", "Shut Up and Drive", "Disturbia", and "Don't Stop the Music." Maybe it's because it's not really "dance club" material, even though neither is "Umbrella", but I guess that doesn't really matter since Umbrella is so catchy and good...sounding...ish. Anyhow (before I get a little more off topic and illiterate), it's a personal favorite picked completely at random that I'm sure you guys will enjoy. Thanks for reading!


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: