Friday, October 14, 2011

Beautiful- Chapter 5: part one

~CHAPTER 5~

part one-
As I took my first steps through the school gates, I felt the stares of haters burning through my sk- okay, maybe it wasn't that bad; just a little discomfort, but seriously. Van started giving everyone that threatening look that we "bad girls" have. I hastily made my way inside, where I felt a flush of relief; I wasn't scared or anything, I mean I could take them down one by one (as B.o.B says, "rack 'em up, knock 'em down; dominoes."). When I turned around to talk to Van, though, I found her in a heated fight with one of Jenny's close friends. Just as I was about to run out and separate her from the situation, Tony came to the rescue and she immediately calmed down. Maybe that's the only thing that keeps him from being completely worthless; the fact that he keeps Van tame when she needs to be. They started to head down the Sophmore's hall where Tony's locker was when I got tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and there stood this rather tall, awkward, but cute looking, guy. He startled the heck out of me, but I just laughed it away. "Hey, my name's Breyson, but everyone calls me Brey. I'm new and I can't find my class. Can you help me?" He grinned at me and ushered a crumpled piece of paper at me. Just then I noticed how brown his eyes were, but then I caught myself. "Oh, uh, yeah. It's Mrs. Norell's class; she's a 11th grade teacher, so your a Junior?"
"Yup. Why; you aren't?" I tried to work around this question because I'm a freshman and we get a bad rep around here, but eventually I had to tell him. I was really surprised at his response; "Really? Cool, my girlfriend back in Michigan's a Freshman." I didn't know what to say... It was just an odd moment. Thank goodness we arrived at his class and I didn't have to respond to that. "Well, here you are, room 301." I smiled and pointed at the door. "Thanks for your help. I never caught your name though..."
" Katrina... Kat, actually"
"Not the Katrina?" He seamed so surprised, but I had no idea what he was talking about.
"Um, by that you mean-"
"The one with the 'fan club' outside?"
"Oh, yeah. That's me..." He gave me an odd look, but then got distracted by the school bell.
"Nice to meet you, Kat. Maybe you'd like to sit with me for lunch?" I was flattered, but didn't want to seem all mushy and stuff.
"Maybe." He seemed a little disappointed, but he nodded and waved goodbye. As he headed into his class, Van ran up to me, showing me that it was time to head to my class.
"What are you doing all the way up in the Junior's hall? We're like five minutes late for class." She grabbed my arm and started running, but I didn't even care; I was finally gonna have something besides mystery meat and beans with lunch today.

Want to find out what happens next?


STAY TUNED FOR MORE CHAPTERS BEING POSTED!


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell




No comments: