Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beautiful- Chapter 4


~CHAPTER 4~

The next morning, my mom didn't speak to me. In fact, as soon as I came into the kitchen for my breakfast, she was already out the door. All that was left was a note on the fridge. As I read it, my mouth dropped in disbelief;

Dear Kat,
We have a meeting today at your school at 11. Your dad and I will be there, as well as your counselor, the principal, Jenny, and her parents. I've set this meeting up for you to get an opportunity to apologize for your actions yesterday, so think about what you're going to say, write a letter, etc; whatever you need to do, get it done BEFORE you go to school.
-Mom

Was she seriously doing this? Like did I not just spill out my guts last night? I completely lost my appetite, and just ran into the shower and tried to get my clothes on as fast as I could. When I finally got a chance to sit on the couch in our living room, I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down:

Dear Jenny,

I know that you should avoid the color red when writing letters, but I really didn't care at this point. I just sat there, thinking about yesterday and what I was supposed to say, when I heard the doorbell. My thoughts were completely shattered. Annoyed, I opened the door. "What could you possibly wa-" I then saw that it was Van. In the midst of everything, I forgot that we were walking to school together like we did every day. she gave me an odd look. "Woah, I see someone has woken up on the wrong side of the bed today." She gave me a hug and walked in. When she saw the letter that I began to write she shook her head. "No way..."
"Yup, my mom's making me write her a letter or something to apologize."
"You're kidding.."
"And that's not all. I've got to be there with Jenny, her parents, my parents, and what sounds like the entire school staff." I started to lace up my shoes when the doorbell rang again. "Okay, now I seriously don't know who that could be."
"I'll get it." Van got up and looked through the door hole. "What the- it's Lucas." Lucas was one of our friends, I guess. It was very rare that we saw Lucas; I mean, he was a geek. Our friendship was very unexpected, too, because Van and I were very different from his perfect, straight A's, sweater-vest ways. "Let him in," I said as I picked up my backpack. There he stood, looking all dork-ish, with this nervous grin on his face. Van and I just stood there for a while, staring at him. Then finally, Van acknowledged him. "Sup Lucas. What goes on?"
"Oh, hi girls. I was just wondering if you guys wanted to walk to school with me." He smiled at me. I looked at Van with a confused look on my face. "Okay, sure" I said reluctantly. We walked out and I turned around to lock the door. As we headed to school, Lucas began to loosen up. then I remembered how nervous he was when he was by my house. He typically wasn't that way at all, so I decided to ask him. "Hey Lucas, is everything okay?" He looked over at me, and I noticed that his eyes were darting back and forth. Van noticed it too. "Lucas, you know you can tell us anything, right?" Then he snapped out of it, grinned, and hiked up his backpack. "Nope, hehe, nothing's wrong. Just a little tired, I guess. Well, I'll see you guys later." He ran up to the school gates and went inside. "Something's wrong, Van." The situation made me very uneasy, but then I noticed that Van was looking behind me. "Looks like you're in for a problem, too." I turned around and saw what she was seeing. Jenny and her parents rolled up in their fancy Rolls Royce, and when I looked over at the drop- off zone, there were a bunch or her friends (of which there were like 400) with teddy bears, cards, balloons, and even signs. I read one which said:

WE LOVE YOU JENNY!
WE'RE SORRY THAT KRAZY KATRINA HURT YOU!
SHE'S A MONSTER!

Ah, just what I needed; a "Katrina Hate Club". Where do I sign up?

STAY TUNED FOR MORE CHAPTERS BEING POSTED

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: