Sunday, October 30, 2011

11.30.11- La Roux "I'm Not Your Toy"

Hey everyone; welcome back to Music Daily, which looks like it has been neglected AGAIN... LOL, sorry guys, but my first day of school here on the island starts tomorrow, so getting all of my supplies and uniform (yes, uniform as well) has left me with NO time to dedicated to my lovely blog, but I need to write a schedule so that I can fit my blog in on even the craziest of days; so I apologize.

Anyhoo, moving on, today's song pick of the day is my ALL TIME FAVORITE La Roux song, "I'm Not Your Toy." It's about a girl telling this guy that he can't just play with her emotions all the time like love's a game. I love the lyrics because they are just so... appropriate. You know, there are those songs that just have lyrics that work so well for the theme that it's amazing. My favorite lyric, though, is the first line:

"Love, love is like a stubborn youth that you rather just deny."

That line describes so much in under 15 words, and especially in the very beginning of the song. It's not only the lyric, but the backing track that makes this song. I'm a sucker for a good steel pan, so the rhythm in the track with the steel pan makes it really good, in my eyes. It's ultimately a dance song, so the vocals aren't so great. I mean, are they ever really awesome? In fact, the La Roux duo is pretty much a vocalist and a very popular keyboardist, and he is responsible for all of their songs' great beats, so the vocalist, well, she just tries her best to work over it. I, at first, did not like her voice, but it has grown on me. It's just a really different sound that La Roux creates with their songs, such as "I'm Not Your Toy," and I hope that with this post you'll see that as well.


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: