Friday, December 9, 2011

I'M BACK!!!!


Hey ya'll! Okay, so great information; I am off of school until January 4th. So not will I only get a break from the craziness that is a new school, but I can focus my time on you guys again. I know you must be ENRAGED since I've made so many empty promises to you guys, but school work has swallowed me whole and I had no choice but to blog over the weekends, but then I would find myself sleeping in and doing more homework during the weekend, so yeah. But I swear on my LIFE (and I do like living) that I will make sure to be current on my posts during my school break. Can I guarantee you guys that I will be as current when I get back; No (for the very reasons I just gave you), but I can try harder for you guys, how's that?

Anyhoo, let me update you guys. For one, I just moved into my place and I am so happy to be in a house and not a hotel room. I think the fact that I've got more privacy has me more than anything else. I've got a little brother that likes to be in my space and parents that I'm trying to hide stuff from (LOL, I'm kidding of course. Mom, I can see you now, ready to tear me a new one, but it is merely a joke; I promise :)) so I need a room of my own to where I can just lock myself in with my stereo blaring Adele and my laptop on my lap while I melt over Roc Royal of Mindless Behavior or be here, as I am now, blogging. So yeah, I've been in it all day, actually. My mp3 player has been working since seven this morning, no joke.

I know that you guys must know that I love music since I've dedicated a section of my blog to it, but I don't know if you guys know that I sing, too. Jazz; the one word that I have come to love. I've adopted the style of Estelle, Adele, and Amy Winehouse in my voice, so yeah. This is relevant, of course, because on Wednesday I was pretty much singing all day. Since this was our last week before break we didn't do ANY work in class whatsoever. In fact, my friend Tracy asked our teacher if we could have a singing competition. Now Tracy is... boss at singing. We are usually a duo at school, harmonizing wherever we go since her R&B vibe just blends perfectly with my Jazzy one. Anyhow, so myself, Tracy, Alise(the annoying student captain I told you guys about), Tony (the infamous "you does know how to wukk up" guy), and John (this quiet kid in my class, but he's SUPER sweet, I swear) were the contestants of this thing. I went first and I was an epic fail, if you ask me. So first of all, I was trying to perform properly, so as I sang "Waiting on the World to Change" I walked around the room and accidentally stepped on a bag of cans. The class burst out laughing and I was SO embarrassed, but as a true artist does, I didn't flinch, not one bit. So I carried on and in walks in my Science/Math teacher, Mrs. Finn, talking. "Escous me" (she's from Ghana, so that's how "excuse me" sounds) she goes, interrupting me to tell the class something. So my turn was over and I was destroyed beyond belief. So Alise came next, singing this original song that, while I really don't like her, sounds amazing. Now don't get me wrong, the song does not make ANY sense whatsoever, but I love how it just rolls off her tongue. Plus, it's very jazzy, so yeah. Next came Tony, singing this song about 6:30-ing and fruit loops (stuff about wukking up, of course). Tracy came next, singing "Doesn't Mean Anything" by Alicia Keys. Now I personally wouldn't have picked this song for her because I wouldn't ever touch Alicia Keys; you know there are certain artists and songs that you don't ever dare to cover, but Tracy likes doing that stuff. Anyhow, it was good, I enjoyed it. Finally was John. John has an amazing voice, actually. Who would have thought that such a shy guy would have it in him. He's one of those male sopranos (higher voice register) that has that soft feeling to it. He started off singing "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson, but when Mrs. Finn came back in AGAIN with her "escous"-ing, he just went to "We are The World", also by Michael Jackson. He was very quiet and reserved while he was singing, so you couldn't hear him properly, but the parts that you did hear were pretty good. I gave him an "A" for effort. It was, as I said, okay. So voting came in and I didn't get ANY 10's, but 8's and 9's. I totaled 77. Next, Alise got a bunch of 10's, so I was sure I had lost, but she ALSO totaled 77. My confidence was back, at least. Tracy got some 10's, too, but totaled 75. Tony got a bunch of 2's and  I gave him a -39 (LOL, he knows I love him), totaling 56. Finally, John was scored, getting SO many 10's. He ended up beating all of us, getting 86. Although I lost, I was happy because 1) John is such a nice person overall and he tried his best, so he deserved it more than all of us and 2) I thought I was going to be beaten by Tony, so 2nd place was fine with me.

Okay, well It's getting late and I need to go to bed, but I'm by no means done filling you in, so stay tuned for a post from me tomorrow. You guys mean the world to me, and I hope you know that :)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXXXXXXXX (since X's are so much better than O's)

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: