Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bad Songs/ 12.12.11- Rebecca Black "Person Of Interest"

The month of December is waning, but I want to pick right back where I started with Music Daily, so I have decided to dedicate this month to bad songs. Those songs that make you hate the music industry, and that's huge because I LOVE music; music is my life, but my gosh, sometimes these songs make me want to shoot myself.

To start this wonderful month back on the right foot, I'd like to introduce you guys to a new song from our lovely Rebecca Black. And yes, I did say "new song"; she's back. I have promised myself not to hate, but I am just bursting at the seams with this one. The song is called "Person Of Interest" and the concept, while creative, was as lyrically fulfilling as "Old Mr. Finnegan"; It's really bad. It's pretty much about this guy that likes her and she's saying that she is sorta liking the guy, which I don't get. You either like the guy or not; this does not give an option c- all of the above. Anyhow, the music video is very confusing in and of itself. It starts with Rebecca talking to a cop in what looks like a crime scene about this guy that she's looking for. The cop, by the way, is drawing a cartoon sketch of the boy that she's describing, making it very cheesy from the beginning. Now, what I must say is that the dude is VERY good looking (:]), but that was about it; I didn't enjoy watching the video or listening to the song at all. Therefore it made it to my "bad songs" list. I don't understand it anymore; once upon a time, every song that came out had meaning, had great lyrics, and made listening to the radio enjoyable. Nowadays I cringe when I turn on the radio, expecting something that makes no sense to be played over and over again. We need songwriters to get together and work on revolutionizing our music today, seriously. So any songwriter that reads me blog (hello!), please help me out. Anyhow, enjoy the video, I guess. Let me know how you feel about any song that I post in the comment area just below \/\/. I would love to hear from my fans!


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: