Tuesday, December 20, 2011

YAY; I've Got Viewers!

I wrote this out of complete happiness. I mean, I've got so many other things that I need to write, but this is just really important.

So, every morning before I blog, I check my e-mail, possibly change my status, and then sign on to my website. Then, I go straight to my stats to see what posts have been read and by who. This morning I was surprised to see that I had about 17 views yesterday and 6 view already for the morning. Not only that, but I've got views in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Germany, Italy, Russia, Barbados, and France. That is AMAZING! I mean, all of you guys are reading my words every day. It just inspires me to keep writing, even if I'm dirt tired or just very lazy.

I still remember the first week or so that my blog was up. Nobody (and I mean nobody) read my blog. I kept posting every day, hoping that at least one person would show up in that stats page. Finally I saw that someone in Russia had read my blog about three times and I was ecstatic. From then I got views in Indonesia,  Turkey, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Brazil and so on. What gets me, even more than the fact that my blog has become so popular, is that my words have reached each and every one of you.

When I write every day, I don't know who I'm writing to. I don't know who is going to read what I'm saying, who's gonna understand it, laugh at it, laugh with it, think about it, take it to heart. All of these things are what I hope to achieve through this blog. What started off as a small little midnight idea has blossomed into this big thing, it's remarkable.

Now, what I also see is that while all of you read my blog, possibly even on a regular basis, you don't click that "Join This Site" button under "Lowell's Fans" on the right side of the page. Become a member using your Google, Twitter, Yahoo!, AIM, Net log, or Open ID account. If you don't have one, there is a link at the bottom of the pop-up screen that will direct you to where you can create a Google account. That way you can connect with other fans and get immediate updates whenever I post something new and what not.

Besides that, I have only gotten one comment from a friend of mine. Don't be afraid to click on the "comments" button underneath a post and share how you felt about the post. This could mean that you hated it, loved it, laughed at it, you cried when you read it, or maybe you have your own story to share or your own opinion in relation to the topic. Share it! I would love to see what you guys have to say. I know also that there are so many different nationalities reading my blog, so maybe the fact that your comment would be in a different language keeps you from commenting, but don't worry about it. I would love to hear from you guys in any language; and besides, I can just copy and paste it into Google Translate. No problem...

Something else that would make my day is for you guys to click on that envelope next to the comments button and send the post to some of your friends, family, etc. My blog is for sharing with your peers, for reading with them, for discussing with them. That's why I made this blog; so that you guys will be able to show your friends and talk about it.

Last but not least, vote on my poll. Every month I will have a poll at the top of the right side of the screen. It could be random or relative to what I've posted. Either way, it is another way for you to share your opinion. At the end of the month, the winning vote will be displayed.

I just want to thank you guys, really. I may not know you, but you are all my friends in a way. I write as if writing to someone that I know, that I care about; a friend. You guys encourage me every time you read and that's why I want you guys to become more involved in my website, to feel like you can fully be yourself here. Just remember, you are always welcome!

Love Always,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: