Monday, December 19, 2011

11.16.11- Elle Varner ft. J. Cole "Only Wanna Give It To You"

Okay, no, this song isn't on my bad list AT ALL; it is just so good that I had to blog it right now.

So yeah, I've heard this song a couple times on the radio and I thought that it should come right after "Domino" by Jessie J just to show you guys what I mean by bringing your story back around using the relative topic and some lyrics. Elle Varner, a new artist, has this song (of which I don't know if she wrote or not) that talks about liking this guy more than her shoes. Now, this girl (as you will see in the music video) loves shoes, so this topic was just right for her. She describes how she wished she had bought this guy instead of these amazing new shoes and how (in my favorite line) he's more special than her Adidas. I don't know why that line made me "click my heels " (pun obviously intended) so much. This song is funny while lyrically fulfilling and smart. I just love it all around.

Her voice reminds me a lot of Jazmine Sullivan, known famously for "Bust Your Windows," another one of my favorites. I actually thought that she sang this song, just to find out that it is this other talented star. She was accompanied by J. Cole, a recently popular rapper. I think he's okay, but I do question his placement in his song. I think that it could have done well without him, but his rap part is cool, so I guess it works.

What I like especially is the way the music video was made. It's just really nice. First of all, The colors are just very bright and make so many things just pop off the screen (to me at least). Besides that, it gave you such a great idea of how bubbly Elle Varner seems. It, to me, is the best "new artist" video that I've seen in a while.

Now, something that really upsets me is that people are already hating on her. I understand that everyone has haters, but I seriously don't know how someone could look at her, hear her voice and make negative comments. In fact, these people are so stupid, right, that on YouTube, in the comments, they couldn't find anything to say to rip her apart, so they said that she had a large, ugly forehead. Really? That's the best that you jerk faces could come up with? I mean, if you're gonna hate on someone, you best find an extraordinary reason that's at least factual. Her forehead is no larger or uglier than anyone elses. In fact, I've never seen an ugly forehead before. Anyhow, I know that it is very unlikely for famous people to read my blog, but Elle (if you're reading, hi... new fan :)), don't let these people change who you are. It would really be a pity because you seem to be such a nice person with an amazing voice, so to see people just put you down like that is terrible. Keep your head up, and haters, don't hate!

Enjoy (and I know you will)!

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: