Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12.14.11- Tay Zonday "Chocolate Rain"

I hope many of you know who and what I'm talking about, but if you don't you'll soon know, don't worry. "Chocolate Rain", a song written and performed by Tay Zonday, a popular YouTube star, has to be one of the worst songs that I have EVER heard.

First of all, it makes no sense. Chocolate rain? Seriously? Now, I'm not against chocolate or anything; it's great, but I have never even thought of chocolate raining over everything. I mean, how messy and disgusting would that be?; no thanks. Besides that, because there's only so much you could say about chocolate rain, his lyrics (that are already pretty awful) start to get more and more painful as the song progresses, and the song is over four minutes long. FOUR MINUTES of his chocolate precipitation song... Wow...

Second of all, this guy sounds TERRIBLE. No vocal talent whatsoever. So on top of the horrid song, I've got Darth Vader over here going "chocolate rain" after ever phrase. I just don't understand why he would put it on YouTube in the first place. Now, I can understand people that sound bad and don't know that they sound bad (kinda, because you have two ears of your own. It should not come as a shock when people tell you that you sound bad; you should know), but when you go ahead and write this song, sing it, and record it, there's no excuse for you to put it on YouTube and iTunes. None at all...

What I don't respect, though, is when people get popular off of doing foolishness. This guy has made so much money off of this song; so much that he's gone and made more. YIPPY, more punishment for my ears. Where do I sign up? NO! while I'm all for this guy making a living, this is unacceptable. People need to find some proper entertainment. Even AFV is a nice show to watch if you want comedy. I didn't even find the song entertaining in any way. It's just sad, very sad.

Anyhow, before I get this song stuck in my head, I'm gonna go ahead and post this up for you guys and go do some studying...fun.

Oh, and before I forget, I have started on Chapter 6 of Beautiful and will be done with it by Friday (I hope), so you guys need to stay tuned. The story has only just begun, I can tell you that...


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: