Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12.13.12- Mindless Behavior "My Girl"

I am close to tears right now, but I had to sit down and acknowledge the fact that "My Girl" by Mindless Behavior is... garbage.

So, you know, I had another "groupie" moment just now, so I went on YouTube and watched some Mindless Behavior music videos. When I actually took time to listen to the lyrics instead of singing along to it (I know all the words, mind you) and watching for every moment that Roc Royal comes up on the screen, I noticed that the lyrics are really, really bad. I actually felt ashamed of myself. I am always here, telling people to listen to good songs and about how much words mean in a song while I'm over here, singing "I hit you with a QUESTION MARK..." Wow, Katrina.

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, I've gotta get back to the point. Now, while I love Roc Royal to death (If you are reading, (which would be sort of weird since this is a girl blog, so I wouldn't tell anyone if I were you) don't take this next thing personally. You're still my favorite ;)), his rap part was one of the worst parts of the song. It is just a little too mushy gushy, ya know. I think it just all collapsed when he said "we're just two lovebirds, that's why we're always tweetin'" Ummm, okay. But at the end of the day, he doesn't write his own raps (or at least I hope not), so it's all good. Another thing that bothers me is probably my biased opinion, but Prodigy needed to wear better clothes. This is not necessarily about the song, but the music video which is also very important when you are a boy group with a limited amount of songs. Anyhow, yeah, he's always wearing these v-necks that do not (and I repeat, DO NOT) flatter him. Okay, lets move on. The only part that I enjoyed was the dancing part because they are amazing dancers (especially Roc, just FYI). So, anyhow, yeah. The song is lyrically disappointing, but I guess it has that hip hop flavor in it that makes you just love it anyway (besides the fact that it's MB). Okay, well, as always, the video is going to be below for you guys to check out for yourself. This has been... Music Daily! (How'd ya like that?)


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: