Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beautiful- Chapter 2


~CHAPTER 2~

Once I got myself together, I decided to head on over to Van's house. Van was my best friend; we've known each other since preschool and she knew just how to cheer me up. She was a "trouble-maker" herself, so she knew exactly what I was going through. As I approached her porch, I rang the doorbell and waited for the Ruckers' nanny to get to the door. Van's mom and dad pretty much worked 24/7 and rarely spent time at home, so Trudy, their nanny, was always there. When she finally opened the door, she gave me a hug and ushered me into the house. "How are things going for you Kitty Kat?" I rolled my eyes at her because she was the only one who added "kitty" to my nickname. "It's going, I guess... got in trouble again today."
"Well that's a shocker," Trudy mumbled under her breath. "Thanks for the support, Trudy. Your such a great friend," I replied sarcastically. She came over and patted me on the shoulder, "I was kidding. Hey, lemme go get Van for you, You know she wont hear my calls from down here over her stereo." I chuckled and went over to the fridge for a Popsicle. By the time I got back to the living room, she was coming down the stairs in her typical goth attire. She didn't believe in all the emo Gothic beliefs and didn't hang with any of the other Gothic students; she just thought that the clothes were hot, I guess. "Hey Kat, what's up?"
"Nothing really. I stormed out of Margret's office today after she confronted me about the whole 'Jenny' situation." She cringed, "Ouch. Was it that bad? Well at least I have a detention buddy, that is if I don't just skip it like I usually do." Just then, the doorbell rang and Van ran over to the door. All of a sudden I heard, "Hey Tony-Roni!" Ugh! Tony was Van's boyfriend and I couldn't stand him. He was the "bad boy" of the school, and then suddenly, after like five years of ignoring Van, he asks her out and she's star struck. "Hey Van, just thought I'd come and visit my favorite girl." I started making gagging motions behind them. I think he saw me because just then he gave me an odd look. "Oh yeah, Katrina, that's what I wanted to ask you..." I gave him my "I don't understand what you mean, so spit it out" look. "Did you really choke Jenny today? That's pretty awesome..."
"No it's not, first of all and second of all, I don't want to talk about it, especially not with you." Van turned around and gave me a nasty glare. I couldn't help it, I hated him! Just then I remember that my mom would be getting home soon, so I started to put back on my shoes. "Where are you going, Kat? I thought that maybe we could have a study- sleepover tonight."
"Sorry, I gotta get home, but you two vampires have fun." Van laughed awkwardly, gave me a "don't embarrass me in front of Tony" look, and closed the door behind me. I walked down to Wilkinson Blvd, where my house was and notice that my mom was home early. "I'm toast...again." I took a deep breath and opened the door, and sure enough, there was my mom on the phone. By the look on her face, I knew that she was talking to Margret and was NOT very happy.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE CHAPTERS BEING POSTED!

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell 

No comments: