Thursday, September 15, 2011

9.13.11- Adele "Right as Rain"

Hey everyone; welcome back to Music Daily. Once again, I will be doing three days in one to catch back up, starting with Adele's "Right as Rain". Being a singer myself, Adele is such an inspiration to me. That being said, this song is such a great song, not only because it has a great backing track, but also because of it's lyrical depth. Typically, you just get either a nice dance song or a song with beautiful lyrics, not both, but "Right as Rain" is the exception to the rule. It's all about how being right all of the time doesn't benefit anyone; at some point, you're going to be wrong. Every time that I play this song for a friend, or perhaps my singing group, they're sold. My favorite part of the song would have to be the bridge where she says, "Go 'head and steal my heart to make me cry again, 'cause it could never hurt as much as it did then when we were both right and no one had blame, but now I give up on this endless game." It really explains how she feels throughout the song. I've gotta say that this is one of my all time favorites and I'm sure it'll soon become yours.


Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: