Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beautiful- Chapter 1

~CHAPTER 1~

"Good evening Ms. Lowell." I was back in the principal's office talking to Margret. I mean, I should call her "Mrs. Brittington," but I see her so often, I pretty much know her on a first name basis. "What have you done today?" She had this way of tapping her pen on her desk and leaning towards me, giving me that look, like she was very suspicious. I relaxed in my chair and  took a drink from a Styrofoam cup I had gotten back in the office. "Umm... I don't know. I took a shower, got ready for school, went to first period..." she rolled her eyes. "Why don't you just skip to the part where you attempted to choke out another student in gym today."
 "Oh, you mean Jenny Auburn? She offended me, told me I was a waste of air."
"So you decided to resolve that problem by squeezing all of the air out of her?" I shrugged. I mean, what was I supposed to say? Sure, some may say that I've got an anger problem, but so what? You mess with me, you reap the consequences. Margret sighed and took out a form. "What do you think you deserve this time; suspension or detention for the next two weeks?" I chuckled and took another sip of water. "Hmm, let me think on that one: some time off from this disgusting establishment or some extra time in Mrs. Turd- bling's class? I'll take the suspension." Mrs. Brittington looked at me disappointingly. "First of all, it's 'Mrs. Tumbling' to you, missy, and second of all, I don't think you understand how important this is, Katrina. Every time you show up in my office, I've gotta mark your permanent record. You need to stop this now, before it destroys you." I stood up from my chair and threw my backpack over my shoulder."You don't understand, Margret. All you guys do is judge me without just listening to anything I say, so you know what, give me whatever you see fit. I really don't care, just leave me alone, OK!" As I stormed out, I heard her yell out to me, but I ran, ran as fast as I could, out the building and down Julian St. on my way home. I got all the way down the block and then dropped down next to a tree and began to sob. Dear god, I really hope she didn't give me detention...

STAY TUNED FOR MORE CHAPTERS BEING POSTED!

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell

No comments: